Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Why I love travelling part 2 - Miraflores


Sometimes in life, when you want to find who you really are, you try new stuff, go to new places, watch movies for references, listen to different kinds of music, dress-up, or just lie in the bed thinking about yourself. Well, I kinda do those stuffs LOL. But I really prefer going out to a new place and making it into my favorite is what I like doing. In Peru, I have one place that is still stuck in my mind, Miraflores. It's a district on the city of Lima, near the ocean. In Spanish "Mira" means "look" and "flores" means "flowers", so it's kinda like "look at the flowers", that city concept doesn't lie. They provided parks with colorful flowers and sometimes they decorate
it so that if you look from above, it will be like the lines of Nazca, cool.
As I am a tree person, I like hanging out in the parks. Normally about 4p.m I take my brother to the skatepark meanwhile I run some laps in the park. It was nice, and after that I would buy some snacks or coffee and go home. Too bad, in Bandung I couldn't find a nice park to relax and hang out ... (thus it makes me fat xD)

It's a falcon and yeas I'm scared of it. It took me a while to get that close to the bird. Before the sun sets, people come to this place and the falcon guy just put up a show :D

Parque Kennedy, in the heart of Miraflores where they put up shows of live music, sometimes exhibits work of art, sells churros, coffees, butifarra (yum ;p) and much more. This is a touristic spot where everything shows up for the people such as good expensive restaurants, dark cozy cafes, bars, starbucks, a departement store, merchandise and sourvenirs store and of course a meeting point. and not to mention the antique building of shops and cafes they have. Kinda of a nice but buzy park right there.. a lot of stuff going on.


Larcomar,
A mall by the sea it is.. how cool is that??! I love it here, and it's the place I hang out most with my friends, we usually hang out here to watch the surfers.. hot surfers passing by the surf shop hahaha... girls right xD. The have all those normal malls would have not so big, but enjoyable.. it's a semi-outdoor mall plus they have bowling in here :D



So, as many places as you've been, there will be a particular place where you have left your mind and heart in it. So good to have nostalgia... and I'm glad I've been there. Now, it's your turn...
signature blogger

No comments: