Monday, May 13, 2013

#4 The Hollow Crown (2012) : Richard II - TV Series Review

I was just watching The Hollow Crown yesterday because I saw lots of great casts in there, especially Tom Hiddleston and Ben Wishaw. 

The Hollow Crown (2012)  is a historical drama mini series from BBC that consist of 4 episodes; Richard II, Henry IV part 1, Henry IV part 2 and Henry V. The series is produced by Sam Mendes and is directed by notable British stage directors. 

The first part is Richard II directed by Rupert Goold. The main casts are Ben Wishaw, Rory Kinnear, David Morrisey and Patrick Stewart. No wonder the casts of The Hollow Crown series are previously born as stage actors which makes the quality of the monologue stronger spoken by them. 

For not being a native English speaker takes me a lot of time to understand Shakespeare language and thus I cannot fully understand the whole conversation, just picking up some clues to understand the plot. But apart from that, the I must say that I'm visually entertained by the shots and the symmetry angles from this episode. Sometimes I enjoy seeing the cinematography in which the director is giving the audience. The shots in Richard II makes some of the script stronger by dramatically visualizing it. The locations takes place in England and it got a few beautiful shots too. Here I present you some of the scenes that I love for being so well presented and contain a beautiful composition. Mostly are the symmetry angles shots (I don't know what are they called..) and the scenery. 
















No comments: