Sunday, April 10, 2011

My First Ever Comic Work

So, it's been months since I havent post something. I was kinda busy this semester and my internet conecction is very deviously slow and doesn't allow me to upload photos or even open this blog page. I have been working a lot in making a comic this semester. It sounded really cool to make my own comic, but I dont think it's cool at all when it was finished xD. My drawings are horrible.. gosh but well i kinda feel satisfied in making them, coz took me a lot of insomnias and a bad sickness that i've been diagnosed recently. What makes me happy to see this is that even though my drawings suck, it still looks good overall xD yeay \m/

Here are some pictures from the process of making the comic. By the way it's about a folktale here in West Java about a woman who lives in the moon. I've rearranged the story to make it as a flashback on how the woman got to live in the moon. Should be a romantic type of tale, somehow my mom protest that romantic tales should be visually drawn with beautiful people, and not those kind of people that I draw LOL..

This is the second process actually after making the storyline and the sketch, the next thing is color it. For the base I use watercolors and I really love them coz it's so easy to use :D
The next step should be coloring it with pencils colors, I'm using the mix media technique, and yeah what a tiring work! 16 pages manually colored with pencil colors!!

After coloring it, Next move is putting the cloud bubbles!! wii. thankfully i could do it digitally, coz if not, my handwriting sucks hahaha. So after pasting it on their places here's how it looks..
Ok, after the comic's done, it's time to make the cover.. I really dont have any idea what cloud the cover be.. and i guess it doesnt fit with the contents but hell whatever, i could be dead if it's not finished by then.
yup.. you see... not compatible..
But anyway, i'm just glad i finished it on time. It kills me though but I should say i'm satisfied :D

signature blogger

No comments: